Archive for September, 2019
SMS Varanasi, An Initiative of SMS-IQAC organized workshop “अनुसंधान” on Research using Excel & SPSS, for BBA students on September 20, 2019. The key resource person for this workshop was Mr. Saurabh Kumar Srivastava, Assistant Professor at SMS Varanasi.
This workshop aims to expose the students towards simple and exhaustive ways of data analysis through interactive and practice-based sessions along with theoretical learning. This workshop is also intended to help management students in sharpening their analytical skill through SPSS & Excel. The program is designed to cover all relevant aspects of statistical data analysis starting from the very basics of defining the variable, input responses, data preparation, and data cleaning to advance statistical technique including theoretical aspect behind such technique.
The main software used in the workshop will be Microsoft Excel and SPSS. Microsoft Excel is a strong tool in statistical computing and enhancing the practical concept of calculation mechanism as a software concept through its Add-Ins. However, for the advanced stage in analysis SPSS software comes into role play.
Objectives and learning outcomes for this workshop are as follows
Objective of Workshop:
- To enable the students, design appropriate research project report, define research problem, developing an approach to research problem and selection of suitable research design.
- To provide a platform for discussion on the methodological requirements of research.
- To train and inculcate the skills for data analysis using SPSS & Excel.
- To facilitate hands-on practical sessions on data handling, analysis & deriving preliminary results
By the end of the course students will able to:
- Design the structure of Research Project and prepare questionnaire.
- Select the appropriate data entry method for the type of data they have.
- Select a suitable descriptive or inferential analysis technique
- Analyze data using basic and advance statistical techniques in MS Excel and SPSS
Interpret SPSS output tables and report findings.
SMS Varanasi organised Guest Lecture on “Emerging Trends in Media and Career Tips” for the Mass Communication students of Department of Journalism and Mass Communication School of Management Sciences Varanasi. The key resource person for this guest lecture was The Special Correspondent of the National English Daily, The Pioneer, Mr. Ramesh Singh.
His views were on the challenges through which today’s journalism been facing and going on. Challenges has been increased many folds in this field due to diversion of media and credibility of news been biggest challenge in this contemporary era. Addressing to students Mr. Singh said that to become a proper and good quailty journalist one must have good command over his language and knowledge. Mr. Singh also witness the great inquisitiveness among the students regarding this field. Mr. Singh shed light also on reporting and editing which proves to be important part of journalism, he said to follow 5Ws’ (Who, What, Why, When and Where), H (How), and principle of 5Cs’ (Clear, Correct, Complete, Concise, and Consistence) while editing the story.
Earlier, Dr. Bharat Kumar introduced the guest to the students, while Dr. Pallavi Pathak welcomes him. Dr. Gaurav Shah was also present on this occasion. Mayuri Tiwari proposed vote of thanks.
Startups Business Model Contest-5.0 was organized by Centre for Entrepreneurship, Innovation & Skill Development (CEISD) – A Centre of Excellence of School of Management Sciences, Varanasi on 24th September 2019. Students from various UG & PG courses participated in the contest with great zeal and vigor. A total of 11 Business Models were presented in the final round of the event.
The contest was judged by an esteemed panel of the jury which included Prof. Dr. Kalyan Ghadei Professor, Department of Extension Education Institute of Agricultural Sciences, BHU. Dr. Navin Kumar Rai Managing Director Bio Mantra Varansai, Varanasi. Er. Amitabh Singh – MD, Surreal Systems (P) Ltd & Secretary –Varanasi, Management Association (Ex-President, Eastern UP Exporters Association.). Mr. P. K. Tripathi Chief Financial Consultant, Money Care Financial Consultancy, Varanasi to evaluate and select best of the best talent who qualified the preliminary round held earlier this month.
Earlier in his welcome address, Prof. Raj Kumar Singh (Chairperson-CEISD) extended a very welcome to the judges & participants and advocated the importance of entrepreneurship in today’s complex competitive environment.
During his address, Prof. Dr. Kalyan Ghadei expressed that practicality in thinking is very important as sustainability can only be assured through practical thinking. He also emphasized on the importance of participation and continuous growth. Later on in his deliberation, he also emphasized on the viability of any project in current market scenario. He also congratulated all the students who have secured rank as well as those who have participated in the event
Further Dr. Navin Kr. Rai guided the student to have a market check of any business idea as many ideas fail due to this. He also suggested a student focus on realistic funding aspect of any business, without which any business can’t run.
Later on Er. Amitabh Singh in his deliberation motivated student to participate in this type of events. He also suggested student to become job creator to become job seeker. He also gave detailed feedback to one to one to every team partipating in this contest and told that funding is very important resurce in any start-up, one should work on practical ground rather than to just writing on paper and making business plan model, until unless market research is done, one’s business ll not be able to suatin in market for long time period. He also motivated student that this type of contest is going help student to tackle real life situations.
During his address Mr. P.K. Tripathi praised student and gave individual feedback. He also suggested student to build entrepreneurial attitude as it is not only going to help in building business but it is also going to help in building any organization.
The contest was concluded with the blessings by Prof. P. N. Jha (Director, SMS Varanasi) who extended his gratitude to the judges of the event and threw light on the importance of entrepreneurship in the today’s complex & competitive environment. He also added that such contests are the essence of Management Education in any B-Schools. Sir also expressed his happiness & congratulated various stakeholders on institute’s NAAC Accreditations as an “A” Grade Institute.
The results were announced by Prof. P. N. Jha (Director, SMS Varanasi). Earlier, rules and regulations for this contest were been told by Mr. Veeresh Tripathi (Assistant Professor). The session was conducted by Dr. Bhawana Singh (Assistant Professor) and Dr. Sofia Khan (Assistant Professor) and Mr. Kartikeya Singh (Coordinator-MBA) proposed the formal vote of thanks to all the participant & judges.
The winners of the contest were as follows:
Gaurav Rai & Hritika Srivastava
Students from SMS Varanasi have realized the fact that it is very essential for any candidate to take proper guidance before attempting to give NET exams. Proper guidance gives you an idea as to how Questions are going to appear in the NET exams and what are the right answers. Sometimes, it happens by chance that the same kind of question gets repeated again and you are able to score. The preparation for the NET exam should ideally start 6 months before the exam and the student should attempt to, if not more, at least 2000 questions per subject of the previous year papers.
Taking this into consideration, School of Management Sciences, Varanasi organized workshop on “UGC NET PREPARATION” for MCOM Students at its campus.The key resource person for this workshop were the faculties of SMS Varanasi. Faculties were DR. Sanjay Saxena, Dr. Amit Kishore Sinha. Dr. Abhishek Kumar, Dr. Veenita Singh and Mr. Sunit Kumar Mishra. The students were told about details of UGC Net Paper I &II, and were also told about method and strategy to clear this exam.
School of Management Sciences, Varanasi always at the forefront in taking innovative stepstowards the growth of the nation especially in eastern Uttar Pradesh. SMS Varanasi strongly believe on the statement of our Honourable Prime Minister of India, Mr. Narendra Modi “Youth of India Can Take the Nation to Greater Height”. To realize this mission Livewire- Technical club, SMS,varanasi is organizing TECHNo CHALLENGE- 2019 which is an entirely online event; from registration to result announcement. The objective of this event is to provide young technical brains a common platform. The aim is to give them a competitive environment and a chance to-demonstrate their competency. The details ofthe event are
Who can Participate?
• Final yeargraduation students (BCA/B.Sc.-IT/B.Sc.-CS/B.Tech/ other graduate courses having computer applicationas a subject) from any institutionaffiliated to any universityin India.•
• Participants should have knowledge of programming languages.•
• Participant must have their valid Institute ID proof/last semesterpassing marks sheet etc.
• Online through Techno Challenge website only(http://technochallenge.smsvaranasi.com)
Techno Challenge Format
• An online technical quiz of 50 Multiple Choice Questionsbased on programming skills (C/C++/Java), SQL Queries, number systems and new technologicalconcepts.•
• Each question will carry2 marks.•
• For every wrong answer 0.5 marks will be deducted.•
• Registered participants will login to the TECHNO CHALLENGEweb portal at the announced date & time.•
• Techno Challenge quiz will start automatically at announced date & time after login. •
• The login credentials will send to registered participants email and mobile number.
• Duration of the quiz will be 60 minutes.•
• Once the quiz started participants ensure that quiz window should not close in any case otherwise they cannot login again to start quiz.•
• Participants can submitanswers before the allotted time otherwise it will be automatically submitted at the end of allotted time
Impotant Dates and Time
• Online registration open: 19thSeptember, 2019
• Last date of registration: 30thOctober, 2019
• Online Quiz Date & Time: 08:00 PM –09:00 PM 5thNovember, 2019
• Duration: 60 Minutes
• Result Announcement: 07:00 PM 7thNovember, 2019
Venue and Requirement of Techno Challenge Event•
• You can participate in TECHNO CHALLENGEEvent from your home/ cyber cafe.
• System requirement includea laptop/ desktop with Google chrome web browser and internet connection.
Top-10 Techno Challenge Selection Process
• Top-10 scorers including Winner, Runner-upand Second Runner-up.
• If twoor more participants score the same then time taken to submit the Techno Challenge Quizwill be considered for merit list.
• Top-10 will produce Identity proof of their candidature as final year student of the course, institute/ university. Failing which his/ hercandidature will betreatedas invalid and next highest scorer will get chance to come in Top-10.
• Final decision is reserved withtheorganizers.
• No registration fee to participate in TECHNO CHALLENGE Event
Prizes and Certificate:
• TheTop-10 scorers will get ‘Certificate of Achievement’& consolation prize.
Cash prize for:
Second Runner-up:Rs 3,000/-•
Participants who will score >=40% will get “E-Certificate of Participation’
For More Detail Visit:
• http:// technochallenge.smsvaranasi.com
School of Management Sciences, Varanasi is organizing a two day National Conference on “Emerging Dimensions in Artificial Intelligence and Soft Computing” from 19th to 20th October, 2019 in SMS Varanasi Campus at Khushipur, Mohan Sarai-Mughal Sarai By-pass, P.O. Bachchaon Varanasi-221011 Uttar Pradesh India
The objectives of the conference are –
To discuss and share advancements in Information Technology.
Exploring and highlighting the importance of Artificial Intelligence from business perspective.
Finding ways in which Artificial Intelligence & Soft Computing could be used for the improvement of society.
Getting insights into the various challenges and issues in serving society and business objectives effectively through advancements in Artificial Intelligence & Soft Computing
For conference details, sub-themes, and other details we request you to please refer to the conference brochure attached or to visit the website www.techcon.smsvaranasi.com