Centre for Foreign Languages
15 Hours Basic Course in French Language
For the Beginners
Langue Française- Premier Degré
Learn French Language This Summer
At School of Management Sciences, Centre for foreign languages has been especially set up keeping in mind the benefits from the opportunities it creates. Through this endeavour, the students are being exposed to the foreign languages and the culture as well since more than a decade. This year we plan to expand its boundaries in order to accommodate all (outside participants also) those who have a flair for learning new International language within a short period of time.
OBJECTIVE: The course is especially designed to enhance the basic skills in reading, writing and speaking French language with a friendly hand towards an almost effortless Journey towards success. This course will include basic grammar and usage, developing listening, reading and speaking skills, writing skills, general and technical vocabulary and information regarding cultural background of France.
Though in such a short time it is difficult for students to learn a foreign language thoroughly, yet it is believed that by getting to know certain simple and basic things they can take the pride of knowing an international language. Undoubtedly, knowledge of a foreign language adds to one’s competence level.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE: SCHOOL AND COLLEGE STUDENTS, PROFESSIONALS AND HOUSEWIVES
PREREQUISITES: Participants should have passion and dedication to learn a totally new language
METHODOLOGY: French language will be taught in an easy to learn way taking into consideration difference in learning capacities of the individuals. Audio aids will also be used so that the learners know the real French accent.
At the end of each session, a brief assessment will be done to ensure learners are grasping up to optimum level at least. And to monitor their progress in general assessment will be conducted so that progress can be monitored. Along with 25% weightage of these assessments and a final examination, Certificate will be given to all participants. We will declare TOP- 3 ranks also.
ADVANTAGES: Though in such a short time it is difficult for students to learn a foreign language thoroughly, yet the learners would:-
1. Get to know certain simple and basic things of an altogether new language and Culture
2. Take the pride of knowing an international language.
3. Receive Successful Course completion certificate.
4. Earn Merit certificate to TOP-3 Position holders.
5. Prizes for TOP-3 Position holders.
Participation Limit: Participation in a batch is limited to 40 seats only on the basis of first come first serve .
Fee: Participation fee for the Module :
For a 15 – hours basic : INR 750/-
Date, Time & Duration:
28th May to 3rd June
25TH June to 1st July
Timing : 11 : 00 AM – 1:00 PM
Duration : 2 Hours each day
Venue: Room No. 401, PG Building
School of Management Sciences, Varanasi (Khushipur Campus)
Transport: Participants will make their own arrangement.
Resource Person: Dr. Pallavi Pathak (Assistant Professor, SMS Varanasi)
Dr. Pallavi Pathak
Module Details: Module details are enclosed herewith.
Langue Française Premier Degré
Course Module For Basic Course In French Language
Course Duration : 15 Hours
S. No Contents to be delivered
1. Introduction to French Language : Getting Started
2. Accents, Vowels & Consonants
4. Les salutations (Greetings), les formes de politesse (Etiquette)
5. Les presentations (Intoduction)
6. Noms (nouns) and Expressions; Masculin, féminin ;
7. Singulier (le, la), pluriel (les)
8. Simple Questions and answers (Qu’est-ce que c’est ?)
9. Affirmative and negative forms
10. Expressions Est-ce que and ce sont
11. Check your progress
12. Les nombres de 1 á 20(un , deux etc)
13. Adjectifs ; couleurs (colour names)
14. Les mois (months)
15. Les saisons (seasons), jours de la semaine(days of the week)
16. Prepositions (devant, derrière)
17. La famille (the family)
18. Les souhaits (best wishes)
19. Short Paragraph writing
20. Check your progress