Archive for October, 2014
On 31st October, 2014 the institute is organizing third ‘Activity Day’ of this academic session under the banners of different clubs, as per the details given below:
SYNERGY CLUB : Extempore Contest.
An “Extempore Speech Contest” will be held at the institute’s campus.
Format of the Contest :
1. Each participant will have to select a topic from the bunch of topics.
2. He/ She will be given 2 minutes time to prepare and 5 minutes times to speak on the selected topic.
Rules of the Contest :
1. The speech will be in English language only.
2. The participant will get two chances to select his/ her topic. In case the participant does not want to speak on the first topic, then he/ She will be given a second chance and then only the second topic remains valid.
3. Participants are not allowed to carry any piece of paper/ mobile phones at the time of his/ her speech.
Judging Criteria :
1. Content of the topic
2. Appropriateness and correctness of language
CONTRAST CLUB : Ad Darshanam
“Design a Logo & Tagline competition” would be held on 31st October, 2014 for all the undergraduate and postgraduate students of SMS Varanasi at SMS Campus by the CONTRAST CLUB.
SPARK CLUB : Solo Dance Competition.
Spark Club is Organizing a Solo Dance Competition on this activity day. Details are mentioned below. Few Best Performers will get an opportunity either to represent SMS at Adharshila on SOLO DANCE competition or perform in Filler items.
CREST CLUB : Sports activities viz., Cricket, Volleyball, Badminton, Table Tennis and Carrom.
RAINBOW CLUB : Blood Donation Camp
A Voluntary Blood Donation Camp is going to be organised in the Campus under the banner of “RAINBOW”-Social Welfare Club, in association with IMA Blood Bank, Varanasi on Friday, 31st October, 2014 from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
The collected blood will be handed over to IMA Blood Bank to serve the society including SMS Family. All are expected to come forward with a helping hand and a true human spirit in order to make the programme a grand success.
Box Office (Film Club)
On this Activity Day an Inspirational Movie of 2 Hours will be shown to PGDM/ MBA Students
School of Management Sciences, Varanasi is going to organize following Events on 31st October, 2014 in order to commemorate Sardar Patel’s Birth Anniversary and spreading the message of unity, Safety and Security as well :
1. Blood Donation Camp.
2. Debate Competition among students on aspects of National Security.
3. Exhibition of literacy works on/ by Sardar Patel in the central Library, and
4. Administering Rashtriya Ekta Diwas pledges by the students. Moreover, the aforesaid events will conclude with collective singing the National Anthem.
New and Latest version of SMS Varanasi Alerts version 1.0.3 has been launched on 19-October-2014 with Bug fixing for crashes in lower version of the Devices and more faster than previous versions. Kindly update your version from Google Play Store. We’re always excited to hear from you! if you have any feedback,question,problem or concerns related to this application, please give us Feedback (option available in menu) or Email us at: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
A four-days workshop on ‘Business Analytics using SAS’ began today at School of Management Sciences, Varanasi campus. The workshop is being conducted by Mr. Lalit Sachan, Trainer & Co-founder, Edvancer Eduventures, Mumbai.
The objective of this workshop is to train the students the various dimensions of business analytics and how to use the Statistical Analysis System (SAS) software. At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
1. Understand the role of business analytics within an organization.
2. Analyze data using statistical and data mining techniques and understand relationships between the underlying business processes of an organization.
3. Use decision-making tools/Operations Research techniques.
4. Use advanced analytical tools to analyze complex problems under uncertainty.
5. Manage business processes using analytical and management tools.
6. Use analytics in customer requirement analysis, general management, marketing, finance, operations and supply chain management.
7. Analyze and solve problems from different industries such as manufacturing, service, retail, software, banking and finance, sports, pharmaceutical, aerospace etc.
School of Management Sciences (SMS), Varanasi on Sunday, 19th October, 2014 organised an Online aptitude test named SMS Mental Ability Recognition Test (SMART) for the intermediate students to identify the potential talent existing in the city, with an intention to hone their skills depending on the aptitude of the candidate. 500 students from 22 schools of Varanasi and adjacent areas of Purvanchal participated in the event. The prominent schools included St. John’s School (DLW, Madauli and Ledhupur), DAV Public School, DPS Kashi, DLW Intercollege, Glenhill Public School, Little Flower House, CHS (Boys and Girls), Aditya Birla Public School, Renukoot etc. to name a few.
The Director of SMS, Varanasi, Prof. P. N. Jha in his inaugural address welcomed and exhorted the participants and said that youth are the future leadership of the nationand they should appear in competitive examinations organised by different forums to improve their competitive efficiency. The improved efficiency will help them to improve their skills and competencies required to excel professional and fulfill their social responsibility towards nation. Further more, he added that he would propose to the Management of SMS to accommodate the participants of SMART-2014 in the various scholarships currently being offered by the institute to the meritorious candidates.
Later, the awards (which included cash prizes, trophies and certificates) were distributed by him in the Valedictory Session. The first prize of Rs. 15,000/- was won by Mr. Kaustubh Garg of Guru Nanak English School, Shivpur, Varanasi while the second and third prizes of Rs. 10,000/- and 5,000/- were won by Mayank Vishwakarma and Saurabh Sarkhel of Central Hndu Boys School, Kamachha, Varanasi and St. John’s School, Marhauli, Varanasi respectively . There were seven consolation prizes of Rs. 2,500/- each were given to Himanshu Kumar, Arvind Kumar, Kartik Kumar Pandey, Akshay Gupta (All CHS Boys School), Kumar Shantanu (St. John’s School Ledhupur), Nikhil Maurya (Happy Home Engiish School) and Dharmesh Kumar (D.L.W. Inter College, Varanasi).
Present on the occasion were the Executive Secretary, Dr. M. P. Singh, Registrar Shri Sanjay Gupta and members from the faculty and staff. The event was conducted and coordinated by Mr. Rohit Mehta and Mr. Avinash C Supkar (both Assistant Professors, SMS). The Vote of thanks was proposed by Shri Sanjay Gupta, Registrar of the Institute.
3rd International Conference on SPIRITUALITY: The Essence of Ethical Leadership and Management @ SMS Varanasi
Conference Announcement and Call for Papers
3rd International Conference on
SPIRITUALITY: The Essence of Ethical Leadership and Management
School of Management Sciences, Varanasi is going to organize its 20th Foundation Day -Adharshila 2014 on November 10, 2014.
As part of the Foundation Day celebrations School of Management Sciences will host Inter-institute competitions Viz. Business Quiz , Solo Song, Solo Dance and Antakshari.