Archive for March, 2011
SMS, Varanasi is going to organize following game competition :
1. NFS Most wanted Black edition
To participate plz contact
Rahul Singh (MCA IV sem),
Himanshu Tiwari (BCA VI Sem),or
Anoop Mukharjee(BBA IV sem)
Registration fee : Rs 50/-
Once registered one may participate in all the three games.
This is called ” Super Win “. God of cricket played yet another memorable inning , with handy knocks from Veeru, Raina backed by brilliant bowling from Yuvraj, Zaheer, Nehra, Patel and harbhajan. All round Team performance by Men in blue.Complete entertainment, excellent cricket
Hearty congratulations to Ashish Rai PGIB IV sem and Shri Krishna Dev Sharma PGDM IV sem for their final selection in Titan Industries. Congratulations once again wish you all the very best for all your future assignments.
The first Technical Consultancy Project for School of Management Sciences Varanasi has been received by the consultancy cell. The project is to be executed through students at the ‘VARIOUS RETAIL OUTLETS OF IOCL’. This would give students of SMS, Varanasi an opportunity to work on real time scenario.
21st Century Ethical Leadership
Looking to the Effectiveness of Your New or Existing Managers?
We can help your managers to ……….
- Transform themselves into “integrated human beings”. An individual who is always guided by and generate his strengths from ethical values.
- Make a transition from being mere “managers” into “leaders with management skills”.
- Make individuals who generate people’s commitment with organizational DNA to create needed psychological energy to produce world class performances.
- Motivate and build their teams into high performing units.
- Lead and implement their aggressive change agenda by keeping the organization one step ahead of changing environment.
- Delegate work with appropriate empowerment.
- Improve their soft skills to develop synergy in the environment.
The three modules of training program concentrate on deliberation of leadership concepts, explaining methods of how to become integrated human being, elaboration of leadership functions, and how to perform them in real work scenarios.
Successful completion of training modules will require three full days where one full day is allotted for each module.
- The knowledge of the leadership traits and approaches are delivered through well designed PowerPoint presentations by an expert. In every session ample time is given for discussion and queries to enhance two way communication and better learning.
- Reliable questionnaires with standard assessment techniques are utilized to assess the improvement needs among participants.
- What makes us unique is that every participant of this program is provided with well designed course material.
Other Activities at the Center
- The center is rigorously involved in inventing newer dimensions in leadership dynamics through quality research.
- It regularly publishes its research work in reputed business magazines and journals and is currently involved in the publication of a book in this area.
- It consistently delivers lectures to students of various educational institutions for shaping their bright future.
- It is involved in annual publication of research journal “Leadership Dynamics”.
Dr. Sanjay Saxena
Chief Trainer: Leadership Training Center
Phone:0091-542-2271771, 72 Ext: 409
Centre for Spiritualism and Human Enrichment was established by School of Management Sciences in the year 2003 with the noble objective to create a strong platform for all those who are interested in contributing towards enriching human lives and the modern management science through spirituality. Since its inception, this Centre is making sincere efforts to fulfill the objective for which it has been established. Organizing conferences, seminars, workshops, research publications, lecture series and e-content development based on spiritualism, human values, ancient Indian wisdom, and business ethics has been a regular feature of the Centre. The response which the Centre has received from the people belonging to various fields including academia and the corporate has been overwhelming and is a continuous source of inspiration and motivation for the dedicated team involved in the development of this Centre.
To translate our vision into reality, this Centre has set the following objectives :
- To impart spiritual training to all participants and seekers.
- To equip people to harness the world of intellectualism and wisdom by knowing and utilising the immense power of inner self.
- To research on the innate qualities of human being and to explore their application for transforming an ordinary man into an enlightened leader and to research on other relevant topics.
- To research on the ancient Indian scriptures and come out with an new management order for the ailing world economic order.
- To harmonise modern life with our spiritual heritage
The Centre is involved in conducting research based on its vision. This research programme is an effort to bring out relevant things from our ancient Indian knowledge and rediscover ideas relevant to modern times and contemporary Management Sciences.
Some of the areas in which centre has started research are:
Blending of ancient Indian management thoughts with modern management sciences
Ancient Indian Economic Systems
Trade Roots and Foreign Trade in Ancient Times
Ancient and Medieval Period Banking Systems
In order to carry forward the research on stipulated line, besides the regular research work in specific areas, series of lecturers, seminars and conferences are also organised. This Centre has also started a bi-annual Research Journal ‘Purushartha’ in which the findings of the research programmes are published regularly.
With a view to imparting holistic knowledge to the interestded people, the Centre organises, seminars, workshops, conferences and also a series of lectures by eminent experts from different schools of thought. These activities aim at making the participants abreast of the new set of knowledge based on the vision of the centre.
For more information, please contact :
Mr. Sandeep Singh ,
Co-ordinator -Centre for Spiritualism and Human Enrichment
Executive Editor- PURUSHARTHA
School of Management Sciences, Khushipur
PO: Bachhaon(NH-2 Bypass), Varanasi-221001( Uttar Pradesh)
Telephone: 91-542-2271771, 2271771, Ext. 313
Applications are invited for Admission to the following Three-year (Full-Time) Degree Courses for the Session 2011-2012 :
B.B.A. (Bachelor of Business Administration)
B.C.A. (Bachelor of Computer Applications)
Affiliated to M.G. Kashi Vidyapeeth, Varanasi
Established in 1995, SMS has been an ‘A+’ category B-School and a leading institution in North India to pioneer professional BBA, BCA courses since 1997.
ELIGIBILITY FOR BBA and BCA
Intermediate or 10+2 in any discipline.
Admission on the basis of aggregate score obtained in Written Test followed by Personal Interview.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates are required to fill up SMS Application Form which can be obtained from City / Campus Office of the Institute on payment of Rs. 500/- in cash or sending a D.D. of Rs. 550/- in favour of “School of Management Sciences”, payable at Varanasi.Form can also be downloaded from our website http://www.smsvaranasi.com and sent alongwith a DD of Rs. 500/-.
Last Date for Submission of SMS Application Form : 27.06.2011
Test for BBA (10:00 am-12:00 Noon) 30 June, 2011
Test for BCA (02:00 pm-04:00 pm) 30 June, 2011
Test nd Personal interview for BBA & BCA 1 & 2 July, 2011
Sponsored Category : Admission on the basis of Personal Interview. Forms are available on payment of Rs. 1000/- in cash or by sending a DD of Rs. 1050/- in favour of “School of Management Sciences”, payable at Varanasi.
All the PGDM & PGDM-IB II semester students (Male & Female) having specialization in Marketing are here by informed that “Amul Dairy” would like to select ‘Summer Trainees’ for Varanasi location.
All the interested students are required to give their names along with soft copy of CVs to the Training & Placement Cell latest by 28th March, 2011 upto 04:00 p.m.
All the PGDM & PGDM-IB II semester students (Male & Female) having any specialization are here by informed that “Corporation Bank” would like to select ‘Summer Interns’ for Lucknow location.
All the interested students are required to give their names along with soft copy of CVs to the Training & Placement Cell latest by 26th March, 2011.